It’s Wednesday!!! What, what. And we have five fun things to share.
1. Trend Alert: bust planters. Guys, these quirky beauties were everywhere at the Brimfield Antique Flea Market this month. They sort of remind us of chia pets…but way (WAY) elevated…but the same kind of ridiculous fun. Driven by Decor used one in their One Room Challenge this summer.
If you need in on this trend, and we think you do, here’s one from Ballard Designs (currently on sale!).
2. We recently joined the LiketoKnow.it network. If you don’t know what this is, it’s genius and you need to get on the wagon. It’s an app that let’s you shop images you like on Instagram. First, you take a screen shot of the Instagram image. Next, you open the LiketoKnow.it app. Then, the image automatically opens on the app and gives you all the sources of items in the image. That’s it. A shopping short cut like no other. We love it for home decor. Obviously. We also love it for our favorite fashion influencers.
Like everything else, you can “follow” accounts on LiketoKnow.it. And now, you can follow us! And, going forward, you can screen shot some of our Instagram images to shop them. While we won’t source client projects through LiketoKnow.it, we will source our personal projects. Like this one:
3. Sonia has a new obsession: Swedish Dream Sea Salt Hand Cream. And I get it. I’m one of those people who keeps hand cream in every room, every bag, every drawer and several places in my car. It’s everywhere. What can I say, I have dry hands. And while I'm a faithful L’Occitane devotee, Sonia’s so crazy about this stuff I’m going to give it a whirl. I was especially swayed when I read that it’s “free of Phthalates, Parabens, Sulfates, Silicones, EDTA, and Gluten”. Dry skin season is coming…
4. Chrissy Teigen has a kitchen line coming out at Target!!! Love a good collaboration. And this one is fantastical. She announced it on her social media accounts this past week and I’m so excited. I actually don’t care what the pieces look like. I just love Chrissy Teigen so much that I want to support all her endeavors. But, from the sneak peaks, the color palette is earthy and muted. The bowls and stoneware have a handmade feel. The overall vibe is minimal.
5. I finally finished reading Prep. I mean, when you’re reading 15 pages at a time, 400 pages will take a while. So, yeah, it took a good month, but it was great. A bit heavier than I thought it was going to be - I had thought it was a total beach read about all the drug and sex scandals at boarding school. This is a deeper read. It’s a true turning of age story. Lots of character development (again, it’s 400 pages). I definitely recommend it, just know what you’re getting in to.
So, what am I reading now? I just started When Life Gives You Lululemons. I can already tell (2 chapters in) that this is a beach read. I mean, the title kind of gave it away.
Have a great rest of your week!
*This post contains affiliate links*