My head is still spinning from all the shopping I did this week. My wallet is also spinning...spiraling...empty...something to that effect. If you missed our Nordstrom Anniversary Sale round-ups, check them out (here and here) because the sale continues through August 6th!!!
1. Sonia is in Bermuda. And I'm jealous. Through the wonders of Instagram, she connected with an amazing follower who was born in Bermuda and who gave her a bunch of travel suggestions. I mean - how cool!!! I will try to convince her to give us a quick blog post about her adventure when she returns. In the meantime, check out our Instagram and Facebook accounts and you too can feel jealous.
2. I have new barn doors in my house. And I'm quite obsessed with them. The journey to install them was...miserable. But they're up and I love them. I. Love. Them. I'm not 100% sure on what pulls I want, so stay tuned. When I narrow it down to my favorite 2 options, I'll do a poll on our Instagram stories to see whatcha think.
3. There's already an "it" color for 2019. Seriously. Even we can't keep up with this stuff, and it's our job. The color is Night Shade and it's a deep green. It makes sense. We've been seeing the full range of green in all sorts of spaces, most notably on kitchen cabinets. Everything from sage to emerald. So, if you want to be ahead of the trend, go green.
4. Despite the fabulous summer reading list I heard on NPR, I ended up reading Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis (I'm only a few chapters in) . A friend gave it to me with a pretty good recommendation. Before diving in, I can honestly say I had never heard of Rachel Hollis. I may have been the last person on Earth because it turns out she's kind of a big deal. So, anyway, I'm enjoying it. It's sort of self-help-ish and girl power-ish and funny-ish. All the good ishes. And each chapter is a story to itself, so you can read it in short chunks without it being annoying. So far, so good.
5. Can anyone confirm for me that Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx were/are a thing? I caught a headline this week that said they were on the rocks. Well, I didn't know they were ever confirmed as a couple. So, I did what any reasonable person would do and I Googled it. I found a timeline of their mysterious relationship on a very reputable website (Us Magazine). And now, I feel even more unsure that they ever had a relationship that may or may not have ended.
Have a great rest of your week!
*This post contains affiliate links*