We've made it to our 5th edition of the Wednesday Five! Today's edition is jam packed with shopping new/ideas/suggestions because we have two momentous shopping "holidays" coming up. If you're a shopper, it's probably the most wonderful time of your year. And if you're not a shopper, then this is the time of the year to pretend to be one because it really is THAT good.
1. Amazon Prime Day was announced - July 16. It's a day (technically 1.5 days) when Amazon deeply discounts tons and tons (and TONS) of stuff. The catch: you have to be a prime member to take advantage. So, if you're not a prime member, now's your moment to jump on the wagon. It's a good wagon. Or you can work the system and do a free 30 day trial just to take advantage of Prime Day. College students can actually get a free 6 month (!!!) trial. So, you can really work the system by having your college aged offspring/neighbor/distant acquaintance get a free trial and use his/her account. Even if you don't use the prime membership for any other reason during any other time of the year (which you definitely will between free 2-day shipping, movie/TV streaming, music, etc.), you can save enough during Prime Day to pay for your membership and then some.
Our plan is to pull together a post for you on the 16th with some of our favorite deals - it can be overwhelming/impossible to sift through all the deals, so a little guidance is helpful. Also, the Echo Show is already on sale! From now until Prime Day it's $129 (normally $229).
2. I was dismayed to learn this week that the majority of our Instagram followers do not watch The Bachelorette. Ouch. We took a poll through Instastory and the results were not close. The good news: everyone who does watch is Team Blake. I mean...phew. If you're in the minority and love The Bachelorette like me, I highly recommend checking out the blog All the Pretty Pandas by Sharleen Joynt (former Bachelor contestant from Juan Pablo's season). She breaks down each episode in a way that only an insider can, it's super interesting...in the way that something as low brow as The Bachelorette can be...
3. We are constantly on the hunt for amazing Etsy sellers. We like to shop local and shop small business whenever possible. Well, we found one this week that we love - the product and the seller. We were looking for a plant stand, something simple and wood. We found a 3 legged, mini stool from Candlewood Furniture and Custom Designs and it's awesome. It comes in tons of different finishes and you can get the legs dipped for a pop of color. For this project, we went simple with the honey finish. Check it out below.
4. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming!!! It starts July 20 and ends August 5. And, if your a Nordstrom credit card holder, then you can get in on it early - July 12 (tomorrow). The cool thing about this sale is that it's not an end of season clear out - it's everything that is on trend for the coming months. The new stuff! Things sell out, so take a peek at the catalog to scope out what you want and don't wait to pull the trigger. Click here for some tips on the best way to approach this epic sale.
5. Summer time is full of 3-day weekend and weekend trips. A good half of our summer thus far has been spent packing and unpacking (and doing laundry to pack again). So, we rounded up some fantastic weekender bags. I have the Longchamp bag (bottom right) and it's amazing. I've owned it for about 15 years and it looks brand new.