Don't freak out, but Christmas is 40 days away, Hanukkah is 27 days away and Kwanzaa is 41 days away. Basically, it's officially not too early to holiday gift shop. When we were in Home Depot in late October and there were Christmas trees everywhere...that WAS too early (sorry Home Depot, the truth is the truth).
Without any disrespect to Thanksgiving, which happens to be my favorite holiday, it's time to start thinking about (and maybe doing) holiday shopping. So, for the next few weeks we are bringing you each of our picks for great gifts this year. Michele is kicking it off and she's hitting all budgets and all types of gifts - for the hostess, for the in-law, for the obligatory yankee swap at work...you name it.
First up are gifts for the home. They are fantastic as hostess gifts, and also great for just about any homeowner (neighbors, teachers, coworkers, etc.).
1. Hiver Loaf Pan - Not only is this loaf pan beautiful, but it's also perfect for sharing your favorite banana or pumpkin bread as a gift all of itself.
2. Boulangerie Jar Candle - This Anthropologie candle is truly amazing. I have the pumpkin souffle scent and I've received so many "your home smells amazing" comments. I imagine the sweet vanilla & cinnamon and vanilla & fig are equally delightful.
3. Gilded Shapes Monogram Mug - These gold monogrammed mugs would make a great teacher gift filled with chocolates or a coffee shop giftcard. Love the upper/lowercase letters.
4. Boulangerie Jar Candle Set - If you can't decide on one of the Anthropologie candles, or you're looking for a bigger gift, go for the set of four.
Next up are gifts for her. Michele may have snagged one for herself already...
1. Dakota Slippers by Ugg - Now that the weather is getting colder, slippers are the perfect bedside remedy for keeping toes warm. The pom-pom is fun and interesting and something different.
2. Elle Drop Earrings by Kendra Scott - I own quite a few Kendra Scott earrings (I'm a little obsessed) and I also love gifting them to friends for special occasions. These red drop earrings are festive for the holidays.
3. Elisa Pendant by Kendra Scott - This is on my wishlist. Hint, hint.
4. Buffalo Plaid Cape - I love layering in the fall/winter, especially when temperatures in New England are chilly in the morning and warming up in the afternoon. This poncho looks great for errands or work or even a casual holiday party.
5. Faux Fur Vest - Because I couldn't decide what I liked more: the buffalo plaid cape or this vest.
6. Paint Stripe Tote by Madewell - I am in love with this bag and you can find it on major discount at Nordstrom Rack right now. I may have already bought one for myself. It's perfect for storing your laptop and other daytime essentials and comes in various colors with or without the paint stripe.
7. Blaze 59mm Round Sunglasses by Ray Ban - The shape and style of these sunglasses are amazing. They're different than aviator or big chunky sunglasses (I have a pair in tortoise and hope they come back on trend...). They're not too round or too eccentric. They're just right. And your gift recipient will thank you kindly.
And, finally, gifts for him.
1. Hendren Boots by Ugg - My husband lives in these boots all winter. They are perfect for shoveling snow or long, cold walks to work.
3. Aberdeen Carry-on by Tumi - This travel suitcase is fancy and quality.
4. Alpha 2 Travel Satchel by Tumi - If your hubby travels a lot, this bag is a great investment. It will last for years and should it ever rip/tear/etc., Tumi will repair it for FREE!
5. Smartphone Projector by Luckies of London - He can watch his favorite football teams this winter on a big screen (aka big wall) with this cool tech gift. You connect this nifty little projector to your smartphone and voila.
Happy holiday shopping! Stay tuned for Sonia's picks and my picks!
*This post contains affiliate links*